COME BUILD HOPE WITH US!
The Warmline Specialist is a Part Time role located in Philadelphia, PA.
We strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. MHP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team! If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Provides active listening and mutual support to people via the phone, text chat (where applicable), or video chat (where applicable); provides callers with referrals and information on community resources as needed.
- When appropriate, engages and motivates users of the service using the motivational interviewing techniques.
- Follows up with callers as needed.
- Completes contact/data sheet after each call.
- Obtains necessary information during the intake process, and collaboratively documents their progress in MHP's electronic health records system; ensures that all data is correct by verifying the information with the participant.
- Provides support to other Chat Line/Warmline operators as needed.
- Complies with all other established quality and regulatory standards, including bi-monthly meetings, supervision and training requirements.
- Maintains compliance with all MHP policies and procedures. Reports known conduct taken by any MHP employee (including yourself) which violates any MHP policy or law on which you have been trained, or should know of, such as laws criminalizing theft or violent crimes, and reports the matter to management or to the Director – Quality Improvement & Compliance and/or Human Resources.
- Other duties as assigned to fulfill MHP's mission
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- 1 year of related work experience (including internships and volunteer work).
- Credentialed as a Certified Peer Specialist is a plus.
- Must possess basic computer skills to perform job duties including desktop computing, typing, e-mail, time sheet management, electronic health records, internet research, etc. and the ability to learn software applications relevant to your position.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Strong skillsets in oral and written communication, cultural competence, interpersonal relationships and teamwork, attention to detail, customer service, time management, autonomy, problem solving and organization.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
Mental Health Partnerships (MHP) seeks to empower individuals with mental health challenges to live full and satisfying lives, based on their specific needs and choices, all while remaining connected to their families, friendships and communities.
MHP offers over 40 services throughout the Greater Philadelphia region and beyond, including Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania, and select locations in the state of Delaware.