COME BUILD HOPE WITH US!
The Shelter Specialist is located in Upper Darby, PA. We are currently recruiting for on-call and full time positions. The pay rate is $13.00 per hour. Full Time staff are eligible for all of our exciting benefits, including health insurance and over five weeks of paid time off!ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Maintain required documentation, including, but not limited to, Log Book, daily Progress Notes, Shift Reports, Incident Reports, housing applications, and changes in participants' moods and behaviors, etc.
- Ensures the safety, security and well-being of participants through regular interaction with participants throughout shift.
- Maintains security of site and safety of participants by making sure participants stay out of employee only areas.
- Interact with participants in a respectful, pleasant and compassionate demeanor, by being encouraging and supportive.
- Transport participants to approved locations in multi passenger vehicles (vans) while following all MHP Vehicle guidelines when driving and transporting guests, when necessary.
- Address any issues that pertain to program policies and procedures.
- Act as a liaison/mediator/negotiator with participant disputes and/or disagreements.
- Effectively deals with crisis situations including medical and psychiatric emergencies.
- Maintains unduplicated records of guests and units of service, completes incident reports, on site inventory check of supplies and inform Supervisor of which items getting low.
- Checks regularly throughout the night on participants wellbeing (if night shift).
- Maintain cleanliness and order in common areas.
- High School diploma or GED and at least one year of related work experience (including internships and volunteer work) or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Ability to operate 6 and 12 passenger van.
- Must possess basic computer skills to perform job duties including desktop computing, email, time sheet management, electronic health records, using Microsoft Office & Google Applications, ADP and other relevant software.
- Must have basic electronic communication and internet skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Mental Health Partnerships (MHP) seeks to empower individuals with mental health challenges to live full and satisfying lives, based on their specific needs and choices, all while remaining connected to their families, friendships and communities.
MHP offers over 40 services throughout the Greater Philadelphia region and beyond, including Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania, and select locations in the states of Delaware and New Jersey.