COME BUILD HOPE WITH US!
The Shelter Specialist is located in Upper Darby, PA. We are currently recruiting for on-call positions. The pay rate is $13.00 per hour.
We strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. MHP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team! If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Facilitates discussions and recreational activities during the shift.
- Maintains security of site and safety of participants by completing hourly rounds; acts as a liaison/mediator/negotiator with participant disputes and/or disagreements; effectively deals with crises including medical and psychiatric emergencies.
- Transports participants to approved locations i.e. host churches, while following all MHP Vehicle guidelines.
- Obtains necessary information and maintains required documentation, including but not limited to, Incident Reports, vehicle logs, etc.
- Maintains cleanliness and order in common areas.
- Complies with all other established quality and regulatory standards, including supervision and training requirements.
- Maintains compliance with all MHP policies and procedures. Reports known conduct taken by any MHP employee (including yourself) which violates any MHP policy or law on which you have been trained, or should know of, such as laws criminalizing theft or violent crimes, and reports the matter to management or to the Director – Quality Improvement & Compliance and/or Human Resources.
- Other duties as assigned to fulfill MHP's mission.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Related work experience (including internships and volunteer work) preferred.
- Credentialed as a Certified Peer Specialist is a plus.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must possess basic computer skills to perform job duties including desktop computing, e-mail, time sheet management, electronic health records, internet research, etc. and the ability to learn software applications relevant to your position.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Strong skill sets in communication, interpersonal relationships and teamwork, conflict resolution, customer service, empathy, autonomy, problem solving and organization.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Certified or has the ability to be certified in First Aid/CPR.
Mental Health Partnerships (MHP) seeks to empower individuals with mental health challenges to live full and satisfying lives, based on their specific needs and choices, all while remaining connected to their families, friendships and communities.
MHP offers over 40 services throughout the Greater Philadelphia region and beyond, including Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania, and select locations in the states of Delaware and New Jersey.