ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Maintain required documentation, including, but not limited to, Log Book, daily Progress Notes, Shift Reports, Incident Reports, housing applications, and changes in participants' moods and behaviors, etc.
- Ensures the safety, security and well-being of participants through regular interaction with participants throughout shift.
- Maintains security of site and safety of participants by making sure participants stay out of employee only areas.
- Interact with participants in a respectful, pleasant and compassionate demeanor, by being encouraging and supportive.
- Transport participants to approved locations in multi passenger vehicles (vans) while following all MHASP Vehicle guidelines when driving and transporting guests, when necessary.
- Address any issues that pertain to program policies and procedures.
- Act as a liaison/mediator/negotiator with participant disputes and/or disagreements.
- Effectively deals with crisis situations including medical and psychiatric emergencies.
- Maintains unduplicated records of guests and units of service, completes incident reports, on site inventory check of supplies and inform Supervisor of which items getting low.
- Checks regularly throughout the night on participants wellbeing (if night shift).
- Maintain cleanliness and order in common areas.
ELECTRONIC HEALTH RECORDS (EHR)
- Monitors participant data in the Electronic Health Records HMIS system for accuracy.
- Ensure all participants' progress or encounter notes are documented in HMIS.
- Report any activities that you believe may violate established laws, regulations, policies or procedures or if you have a question about an action taken by another staff member or employee or by yourself, it is your obligation to report the matter to your supervisor, if you feel uncomfortable reporting the situation to your supervisor, report to the Director - Compliance and or Human Resources.
- Responsible for weather related duties as needed such as shoveling, etc.
- Must exemplify and model the values of MHP's recovery oriented principles of Respect, Personal Responsibility, Self Determination, Hope, Support, Empowerment, Cultural Awareness, Education and Learning, and utilizing a Strengths-Based perspective when performing job duties and encourage others to do the same.
- Other duties as assigned.
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or GED and at least one year related experience or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Ability to operate 6 and 12 passenger van.
- Must possess basic computer skills to perform job duties including desktop computing, email, time sheet management, electronic health records, using Microsoft Office & Google Applications, ADP and other relevant software.
- Must have basic electronic communication and internet skills.
- Must be able to use new computer systems and/or software functions as they become available.
- Must also possess good listening skills and the ability to synthesize information from written and oral reports.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Good decision making skills.
- Certified in First Aid/CPR.