COME BUILD HOPE WITH US!
The Residential Advisor is an on call role located in Philadelphia, PA. The pay rate is $13.00 per hour.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Assists participant achieve goal plan.
- Maintain required documentation, including, but not limited to, Log Book, daily Progress Notes, Shift Reports, Medication Administration Records (MARs), Incident Reports, housing applications, and blood sugar records, changes in participants' moods and behaviors, etc.
- Ensures the safety, security and well-being of participants through regular interaction with participants throughout shift. Escorts participants when necessary and ensures participants' safety when participating in events, visits, and other interactions.
- Interact with participants in a respectful, pleasant and compassionate demeanor, by being encouraging and supportive.
- Transport participants to approved locations in multi passenger vehicles (vans) while following all MHP Vehicle guidelines when driving and transporting.
- Facilitate discussions, groups, and recreational activities during the shift.
- Act as a liaison/mediator/negotiator with participant disputes and/or disagreements.
- Effectively deals with crisis situations including medical and psychiatric emergencies.
- Provide resources for participants in the areas of housing, medical, substance abuse, mental health, etc., to ensure that participants are actively adhering to treatment/progress plans.
- Maintain unduplicated records of guests and units of service, completes incident reports, on site inventory check of supplies and inform Supervisor of which items getting low.
- Meets with participants to assess progress and develop interventions.
- Checks regularly throughout the night on participants wellbeing (if night shift).
- Maintain cleanliness and order in common areas.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Accurately oversee the medication administration during each shift.
- Prepare meals and leave the kitchen and dining room in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Work closely with assigned participants to develop their housekeeping skills and maintain order in their rooms.
- Welcome family members to enhance family inclusion.
- Ensures that all participants' visits are documented in EHR immediately.
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED and one to two years' experience in human services, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Peer Specialist certificate is preferred.
- Must possess a medication monitoring training certificate or must have the ability to be trained in medication monitoring.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Ability to operate 6 and 12 passenger van.
- Must possess basic computer skills to perform job duties including desktop computing, email, time sheet management, electronic health records, using Microsoft Office Applications, and other relevant software
- Must have basic electronic communication and internet skills.
- Certified in First Aid/CPR.
- If your program has a fully functioning kitchen, and cooks or prepares food, you must be able to obtain a Food Safety Certificate within 6 months of hire.
Mental Health Partnerships (MHP) seeks to empower individuals with mental health challenges to live full and satisfying lives, based on their specific needs and choices, all while remaining connected to their families, friendships and communities.
MHP offers over 40 services throughout the Greater Philadelphia region and beyond, including Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania, and select locations in the states of Delaware and New Jersey.