COME BUILD HOPE WITH US!
The Recovery Learning Specialist is a Full Time role located in Pottstown, PA. The pay rate is $14.66 per hour. Full Time staff are eligible for all of our exciting benefits, including health insurance and over five weeks of paid time off!
The Pottstown Recovery Learning Center (RLC) provides a welcoming space for individuals to attend wellness and recovery groups, participate in recreational activities and make social connections. The Recovery Learning Specialists encourage participants to explore opportunities for recovery and growth through peer-centered support as well as provide resources about Montgomery County behavioral health, substance use, homelessness and other community services.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Facilitates classes that teach the participants the skills that support his/her recovery so that they may internalize a sense of wellness and self-worth.
- Works with participants to achieve their goals.
- Ensures all classes are set up, entered into Credible and materials ready for each class.
- Create group curriculum and lesson plan, handouts, to support the topic of the group.
- Assists the participant to identify and access community resources for developing natural supports to increase his/her success in the community.
- Collaborates with other service staff in the facilitation of assessing the hopes, strengths, accomplishments and challenges of each participant in order to achieve his/her stated goals.
- Supports the development of a participant's recovery plan, and coordinates supports and resources to help each participant's recovery plan in order to support him/her in becoming self-sufficient.
- Ensures that all participants' visits are documented in the electronic health reacord (EHR).
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
- High School or GED Diploma.
- Minimum of one year of related work experience (including internships and volunteer work) within the past two years.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must possess basic computer skills to perform job duties including desktop computing, email, electronic health records, Microsoft Office Applications, and other relevant software
- Must have basic electronic communication and internet skills.
- Certification as a CPS preferred.
Mental Health Partnerships (MHP) seeks to empower individuals with mental health challenges to live full and satisfying lives, based on their specific needs and choices, all while remaining connected to their families, friendships and communities.
MHP offers over 40 services throughout the Greater Philadelphia region and beyond, including Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania, and select locations in the states of Delaware and New Jersey.