COME BUILD HOPE WITH US!
The Psychiatrist is a Part Time role located at 4950 Parkside Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19131. An ideal candidate would be able to work 2 or 3 days (14-21 hours/week).
This position is eligible for a $1,000 sign on bonus and a $4,000 retention bonus after completion of one year of service.
We strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. MHP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team! If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTSABOUT MHP
- Conducts initial and follow-up evaluations (psychiatric assessments and recommendations) of participants in the targeted case management unit.
- Monitors participants' psychiatric treatment by leading clinical care conferences, making recommendations for psychiatric treatment and reviewing reports and laboratory results.
- Provides psychopharmacotherapy to agency participants.
- Provides direct support and clinical intervention and/or identifies key individuals and resources that can provide direct and immediate support during a crisis situation, as necessary.
- Provides consultation on standards of clinical practice to Targeted Case Management staff.
- Analyzes service delivery deficits; identifies and suggests alternative service plans.
- Completes all participant related progress notes, medication records, DPA assessments, SSA evaluations in a timely fashion.
- Assists with the identification and assessment of staff clinical training and development needs; participates in the design and/or initiation of such programs. Conducts clinical lectures and core presentations as part of staff training.
- Works cooperatively with Division Director, Managers, Supervisors and Psych Nurses of the TCM Division to address areas of mutual concern and responsibility of overall enhancement of performance, accountability and services in the TCM Division.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments through review of literature and periodicals, attendance at seminars and contracts with other specialists.
- Interfaces via Planning and Linking Conferences with other agency departments (Residential, Partial, Outpatient, and Vocational) which are also involved in the treatment/rehabilitation of participants.
- Acts as the liaison with social service agencies, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, around customer care, referrals, and medication information/management respectively.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with all staff, hospitals and other medical personnel, external agencies and their representatives, and family members/significant others to enhance overall program goals and objectives.
- Provides clinical supervision to staff psychiatric nurses
- Collaboratively documents participants' progress in MHP's electronic health records system at the time of service; ensures that all data is correct by verifying the information with the participant.
- May participate in intra-agency meetings, committees and task force groups.
- Maintains compliance with all MHP policies and procedures. Reports any activities that may violate established laws, regulations, policies or procedures. Raises questions about any actions contrary to law or policy taken by another staff member or employee or yourself, and reports the matter to management or to the Director – Quality Improvement & Compliance and/or Human Resources.
- Other duties as assigned to fulfill MHP's mission.
Mental Health Partnerships (MHP) seeks to empower individuals with mental health challenges to live full and satisfying lives, based on their specific needs and choices, all while remaining connected to their families, friendships and communities.
MHP offers over 40 services throughout the Greater Philadelphia region and beyond, including Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania, and select locations in the state of Delaware.