COME BUILD HOPE WITH US!
The Recovery Learning Specialist is an part time role located at 20707 DuPont Boulevard, Georgetown, DE 19947. The pay rate is $14.66 per hour.
***Effective October, 15, 2021, all new employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before beginning employment with MHP. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for those with qualifying medical or religious exemptions.***
We strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. MHP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team! If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Creates and facilitates group curriculum and lesson plans that support adult learning and knowledge discussing recovery skill building, daily world events, and whole health support; creates handouts and maintains documentation to support the topic of the group.
- Organizes participants in groups and encourages them to help one another succeed.
- Collaborates with participants to identify and access community resources for developing natural supports to increase their success in the community.
- Supports the development of a participant's recovery plan, and coordinates supports and resources to help each participant's recovery plan in order to support participants in becoming self-sufficient.
- Obtains necessary information during the intake process (if required), and collaboratively documents their progress in MHP's electronic health records system; ensures that all data is correct by verifying the information with the participant; maintains required documentation, including but not limited to, daily logs and progress notes, shift reports, Incident Reports and housing applications.
- Monitors and oversees the community, ensuring safety of all participants, supplies and staff.
- Complies with all other established quality and regulatory standards, including supervision and training requirements.
- Depending on your program, may partner with other agencies to assist participants in obtaining safe housing and/or other resources. Providing these services may require driving participants to various locations.
- Maintains compliance with all MHP policies and procedures. Reports known conduct taken by any MHP employee (including yourself) which violates any MHP policy or law on which you have been trained, or should know of, such as laws criminalizing theft or violent crimes, and reports the matter to management or to the Director – Quality Improvement & Compliance and/or Human Resources.
- Assists with housekeeping and facility duties as needed, such as shoveling, etc.
- Other duties as assigned to fulfill MHP's mission.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- 2 years of related work experience (including internships and volunteer work).
- Credentialed as a Certified Peer Specialist is a plus; if your program is in Delaware, credentialed as a Certified Peer Recovery Specialist is required within 6 months of hire.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must possess basic computer skills to perform job duties including desktop computing, e-mail, time sheet management, electronic health records, internet research, etc. and the ability to learn software applications relevant to your position.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Strong skillsets in oral and written communication, cultural competence, interpersonal relationships and teamwork, attention to detail, customer service, time management, autonomy, problem solving and organization.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Certified or has the ability to be certified in First Aid/CPR.
- If your program has a fully functioning kitchen, and cooks or prepares food, you must be able to obtain a Food Safety Certificate within 6 months of hire.
- Sit at a desk with ergonomically appropriate equipment.
- Lift up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance and be available for flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends and/or work holidays/overtime as needed.
- Ability to drive a multi-passenger van (including at night) and physically support passengers during ingress/egress as needed and/or assist disabled individuals in an emergency evacuation.
- Remain awake during entire shift, including break times.
- Walk around multiple MHP locations and in the community in areas that may not be handicap accessible. May be required to have the ability to enter, exit and drive personal or agency vehicles and/or public transportation depending on the needs of the department.
- Frequent talking and listening. Must be able to talk, listen, retain information and speak clearly and accurately; possible exposure to loud and/or vulgar language and hostile gestures.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions while meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards safely and successfully with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their essential job duties.
Mental Health Partnerships (MHP) seeks to empower individuals with mental health challenges to live full and satisfying lives, based on their specific needs and choices, all while remaining connected to their families, friendships and communities.
MHP offers over 40 services throughout the Greater Philadelphia region and beyond, including Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania, and select locations in the state of Delaware.