COME BUILD HOPE WITH US!
The Outreach Specialist is an on-call role located in Philadelphia, PA. The pay range for this position is $14.50 - $15.00 per hour.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Outreach to, engagement of, and relationship building with homeless participants with behavioral health needs.
- Provide de-escalation and crisis intervention services as needed.
- Make placement for homeless including shelters, cafes or safe havens.
- May have other responsibilities related to specific service area.
- Provide reporting data required by the Outreach Coordination Center and the Department of Behavioral Health/Research and Information Team.
- Assists the participant to identify and access community resources for developing natural supports to increase his/her success in the community.
- Models personal responsibility, self-advocacy, and hopefulness through appropriate self-disclosure, respectfully meeting participant's needs, and maintaining a positive belief in themselves.
- Supports participants in community inclusion events when necessary and ensures safety when participating in events, visits, and other interactions.
- Ensures that all participants' visits are documented in EHR immediately.
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) with at least two years behavioral health experience and experience working with the homeless.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must possess basic computer skills to perform job duties including desktop computing, email, time sheet management, and electronic health records, using Microsoft Office and Google Applications, and other relevant software.
- Must have basic electronic communication and internet skills
- Ability to enter data on a mobile handheld device while in the field.
- 90% of the work is done in the field with a partner. Should have the ability to work in a team setting.
Mental Health Partnerships (MHP) seeks to empower individuals with mental health challenges to live full and satisfying lives, based on their specific needs and choices, all while remaining connected to their families, friendships and communities.
MHP offers over 40 services throughout the Greater Philadelphia region and beyond, including Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania, and select locations in the states of Delaware and New Jersey.