COME BUILD HOPE WITH US!
The Outreach Specialist is a On Call role located in Philadelphia, PA. The pay rate is $15.00 per hour.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Outreach to, engagement of, and relationship building with participants experiencing homelessness or economic insecurity with behavioral health needs.
- Provide de-escalation and crisis intervention services as needed.
- Make placement for homeless including shelters, cafes or safe havens.
- May have other responsibilities related to specific service area.
- Provide reporting data required by the Outreach Coordination Center and the Department of Behavioral Health/Research and Information Team.
- Assists the participant to identify and access community resources for developing natural supports to increase his/her success in the community.
- Models personal responsibility, self-advocacy, and hopefulness through appropriate self-disclosure, respectfully meeting participant's needs, and maintaining a positive belief in themselves.
- Supports participants in community inclusion events when necessary and ensures safety when participating in events, visits, and other interactions.
- Enters participant data in the Electronic Health Records system upon intake.
- Ensures that all data is correct by verifying information with the participant on every visit.
- Reports any activities that may violate established laws, regulations, policies or procedures. Raises questions about any actions contrary to law or policy taken by another staff member or employee or yourself, and reports the matter to management or to the Director - Compliance and/or Human Resources.
- Must exemplify and model the values of MHP's recovery oriented principles of Respect, Personal Responsibility, Self Determination, Hope, Support, Empowerment, Cultural Awareness, Education and Learning, and utilizing a Strengths-Based perspective when performing job duties and encourage others to do the same.
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) with at least two years of related work experience working with the homeless (including internships and volunteer work).
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must possess basic computer skills to perform job duties including desktop computing, email, time sheet management, and electronic health records, using Microsoft Office and Google Applications, ADP and other relevant software as demonstrated by the ability to create, read and send e-mail through G-mail.
- Must have basic electronic communication and internet skills
- Must be able to use new computer systems and/or software functions as they become available.
- Ability to enter data on a mobile handheld devise while in the field.
- 90% of the work is done in the field with a partner. Should have the ability to work in a team setting.
Mental Health Partnerships (MHP) seeks to empower individuals with mental health challenges to live full and satisfying lives, based on their specific needs and choices, all while remaining connected to their families, friendships and communities.
MHP offers over 40 services throughout the Greater Philadelphia region and beyond, including Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania, and select locations in the states of Delaware and New Jersey.