COME BUILD HOPE WITH US!
The Outreach Specialist is a On Call role located in Philadelphia, PA. The pay rate is $15.00 per hour.
We strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. MHP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team! If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Using personal experiences to develop meaningful and trusting relationships with participants to build relationships with participants experiencing homelessness or economic insecurity with behavioral health needs.
- Assists participants in identifying and accessing community resources for developing natural supports to increase their success in the community.
- Connects participants to short term housing such as shelters, cafes or safe havens.
- Provides de-escalation and crisis intervention services as needed.
- Maintains compliance with all MHP policies and procedures. Reports known conduct taken by any MHP employee (including yourself) which violates any MHP policy or law on which you have been trained, or should know of, such as laws criminalizing theft or violent crimes, and reports the matter to management or to the Director – Quality Improvement & Compliance and/or Human Resources.
- Other duties as assigned to fulfill MHP's mission.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- 2 years of working with individuals experiencing homelessness, mental health conditions and/or substance misuse.
- Credentialed as a Certified Peer Specialist is a plus.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must possess basic computer skills to perform job duties including desktop computing, e-mail, time sheet management, electronic health records, internet research, etc. and the ability to learn software applications relevant to your position.
- Ability to enter data on a mobile handheld devise while in the field.
- Ability to work with a partner and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Must be able to work under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
Mental Health Partnerships (MHP) seeks to empower individuals with mental health challenges to live full and satisfying lives, based on their specific needs and choices, all while remaining connected to their families, friendships and communities.
MHP offers over 40 services throughout the Greater Philadelphia region and beyond, including Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania, and select locations in the state of Delaware.