COME BUILD HOPE WITH US!
MHP hiring an on-call Psychiatric Nurse who will provide support to MHP's Targeted Case Management Division. The Psychiatric Nurse treats participants in an outpatient community-based setting and/or in the community who are experiencing mental distress or who have a mental health diagnosis. The Psychiatric Nurse coordinates the health care needs of persons with mental health diagnoses.
The position is located at 4950 Parkside Avenue, Philadelphia, PA, 19131, and will be scheduled on an as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Oversees participants' medication schedules, and ensures that the prescribing doctor is notified when the participant is given their final refill.
- Ensures correct medication is administered and gives injections as necessary.
- Performs regular health screenings and evaluates participants.
- Prepares medication to be given to participants or Targeted Case Managers for delivery on an immediate basis; supports participants with medication administration and monitoring in the field as needed.
- Receives medication from the pharmacy; accurately documents and stores medication.
- Ensures that controlled substances are accounted for and documented daily, and ensures that all controlled substances are secure.
- Completes a monthly Medication Room Inspection with the Division Director.
- Correctly and safely disposes of medication as set by codes and standards.
- Participates in updating policies and procedures related to medication.
- Participates in crisis intervention activities.
- Works in conjunction with and supports other members of the treatment team as necessary.
- Assists in de-escalating participants in crisis.
- Maintains a safe and secure environment by observing and removing physical hazards, drugs, or medications.
- Networks with the community regarding health care needs and provides psychiatric nursing services consistent with physician orders and standard nursing practices.
- Functions as a consultant and provides education to participant's non-medical team members and the community as necessary.
- Assists participants in coordinating primary care visits, and follow up/discharge planning.
- Engages participants experiencing homelessness at homeless drop in locations or in the street, doing on site health management/education.
- Trains participants on medication management.
- Facilitates health education workshops including illness management (diabetes/seizure disorder/high blood pressure/ personal hygiene/wellness), whole health, and smoking cessation groups as needed.
- Begins the 302 process as needed.
- Collaboratively documents participant progress in MHP's electronic health records system at the time of service; ensures that all data is correct by verifying the information with the participant.
- Receives and reviews invoices for accuracy in collaboration with the Office Manager.
- Provides technical information to service managers, and executes routine assignments within a service.
WHAT YOU'VE DONE & ENJOY DOING
- Must be a Registered Nurse; BA in nursing preferred.
- Board certified licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Pennsylvania.
- 3 years of nursing experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of psychiatric clinical and psychosocial/psychiatric rehabilitation practices.
- Experience in servicing community mental health facilities and their psychiatric needs preferred.
- Must possess basic computer skills to perform job duties including desktop computing, e-mail, timesheet management, electronic health records, internet research, etc. and the ability to learn software applications relevant to your position.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Strong skill sets in oral and written communication, cultural competence, interpersonal relationships and teamwork, attention to detail, customer service, time management, autonomy, problem solving and organization.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population both internally and externally, including participants, supervisees, Targeted Case Managers, pharmacists, etc.; demonstrates awareness and value of cultural competence.
- Exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information; ability to maintain confidentiality with compensation data, HIPAA information, etc.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and anticipatory skills with good follow-up.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines and billable unit requirements, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and access to a car to use for work on a daily basis with automobile insurance coverage at the state requirement levels and current state registration.
***Effective November, 22, 2021, all new employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before beginning employment with MHP. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for those with qualifying medical or religious exemptions.***
- Sit at a desk with ergonomically appropriate equipment.
- Frequent talking and listening. Must be able to talk, listen, retain information and speak clearly and accurately; possible exposure to loud and/or vulgar language and hostile gestures.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance and be available for flexible work schedule, including evenings and/or overtime as needed.
- May be required to have the ability to enter and exit personal or agency vehicles and/or public transportation depending on the needs of your program.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their essential job duties.
We strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. MHP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team! If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Mental Health Partnerships (MHP) seeks to empower individuals with mental health challenges to live full and satisfying lives, based on their specific needs and choices, all while remaining connected to their families, friendships and communities.
MHP offers over 40 services throughout the Greater Philadelphia region and beyond, including Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania, and select locations in the state of Delaware.