COME BUILD HOPE WITH US!
The Outreach Specialist is a On Call role located at 4950 Parkside Avenue, Philadelphia, PA, 19131. The pay rate is $15.00 per hour.
We strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. MHP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team! If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
***Effective November, 15, 2021, all new employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before beginning employment with MHP. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for those with qualifying medical or religious exemptions.***
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Using personal experiences to develop meaningful and trusting relationships with participants to build relationships with participants experiencing homelessness or economic insecurity with behavioral health needs.
- Assists participants in identifying and accessing community resources for developing natural supports to increase their success in the community.
- Connects participants to short term housing such as shelters, cafes or safe havens. Providing these services may require driving participants to various community-based establishments in a multi-passenger vehicle.
- Provides de-escalation and crisis intervention services as needed.
- Maintains compliance with all MHP policies and procedures. Reports known conduct taken by any MHP employee (including yourself) which violates any MHP policy or law on which you have been trained, or should know of, such as laws criminalizing theft or violent crimes, and reports the matter to management or to the Director - Quality Improvement & Compliance and/or Human Resources.
- Other duties as assigned to fulfill MHP's mission.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred. Additional years of experience beyond the 2 year minimum will be considered in lieu of HSD/GED.
- 2 years of working with individuals experiencing homelessness, mental health conditions and/or substance misuse.
- Credentialed as a Certified Peer Specialist is a plus.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must possess basic computer skills to perform job duties including desktop computing, e-mail, time sheet management, electronic health records, internet research, etc. and the ability to learn software applications relevant to your position.
- Ability to enter data on a mobile handheld devise while in the field.
- Ability to work with a partner and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Must be able to work under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Sit at a desk with ergonomically appropriate equipment.
- Lift up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions while meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards safely and successfully with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Frequent talking and listening. Must be able to talk, listen, retain information and speak clearly and accurately; possible exposure to loud and/or vulgar language and hostile gestures.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance and be available for flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends and/or work holidays/overtime as needed.
- Remain awake during entire shift, including break times.
- Ability to drive a multi-passenger van (including at night) and physically support passengers during ingress/egress as needed and/or assist disabled individuals in an emergency evacuation.
- 90% of an Outreach Specialist's time in spent in community settings and/or on outreach. Outreach Specialists must be able to travel within the community, including in inclement weather that may not be handicap accessible: walking, drive agency vehicles, and/or take public transportation depending on the needs of the program.
- Ability to carry computer equipment, and ascend/descend stairs carrying computer equipment.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their essential job duties.
Mental Health Partnerships (MHP) seeks to empower individuals with mental health challenges to live full and satisfying lives, based on their specific needs and choices, all while remaining connected to their families, friendships and communities.
MHP offers over 40 services throughout the Greater Philadelphia region and beyond, including Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania, and select locations in the state of Delaware.