COME BUILD HOPE WITH US!
The Learning & Development Specialist is a Full Time role located in Philadelphia, PA. The successful candidate will work 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM. The schedule may differ during training weeks. The position requires up to 75% travel, including overnight travel. This position is exempt with a starting salary of $45,000 annually. Full Time staff are eligible for all of our exciting benefits, including health insurance and over five weeks of paid time off!
We strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. MHP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team! If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Delivers full range of MHP training programs, professional development activities and performance solutions to using experiential adult learning techniques in English or Spanish. Assesses learning styles of learners and balances individual with collective learner needs.
- Appropriately prepares with co-facilitator to effectively deliver training content.
- Speaks about the Institute@MHP and its training programs at various conferences, trainings and seminars.
- Provides general education to stakeholders on topics such as peer support and recovery principles.
- Participates in the ongoing recruitment of constituents to receive the full range of MHP training programs.
- Participates in peer leadership development by providing support to stakeholder meetings as required by contract agreements.
- Participates in the continuous evaluation and quality improvement of the Institute@MHP by facilitating training assessments, providing feedback to inform instructional practices and updating training content as required.
- Proctors course exams to ensure validity of scoring and integrity of testing process.
- Monitors participant learning during training delivery and takes action to improve individual and collective learner competence.
- Reports any activities that may violate established laws, regulations, policies or procedures. Raises questions about any actions contrary to law or policy taken by another staff member or employee or yourself, and reports the matter to management or to the Director - Quality Improvement & Compliance and/or Human Resources.
- Other duties as assigned to fulfill MHP's mission.
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Human Services, Education, or related field.
- 3 years' experience working in psychiatric rehabilitation/behavioral health/human services settings (including internships and volunteer work).
- 3 years' experience as a classroom trainer/organizational facilitator/instructional designer (including internships and volunteer work) or some combination of the above.
- Experience developing and facilitating trainings in an adult learning setting.
- Experience facilitating training virtually in a remote environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of the Behavioral Health system in Pennsylvania. Experience in other states an asset.
- Must possess computer skills to perform job duties including desktop computing, e-mail, time sheet management, electronic health records, internet research, etc. and the ability to learn software applications relevant to your position. Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize and produce reports on Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems (Canvas preferred) and virtual meeting platforms such as Google Meet and Zoom.
- Strong skill sets in oral and written communication, interpersonal relationships and teamwork, attention to detail, customer service, cultural competence, time management, autonomy, problem solving and organization.
- Must be able to modify interpersonal approach to fit the style/needs of others to build and enhance strong working relationships.
- Must be able to interact with others in a way that invites dialogue, mutual learning and shared meaning.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Certification as a Certified Peer Specialist and WRAP Facilitator in Pennsylvania are pluses but not a requirement. Certification as a WRAP Facilitator is required within one year of hire.
Mental Health Partnerships (MHP) seeks to empower individuals with mental health challenges to live full and satisfying lives, based on their specific needs and choices, all while remaining connected to their families, friendships and communities.
MHP offers over 40 services throughout the Greater Philadelphia region and beyond, including Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania, and select locations in the states of Delaware and New Jersey.