COME BUILD HOPE WITH US!
Are you looking for a fulfilling job that is autonomous and utilizes your passion for supporting individuals with mental health conditions who are incarcerated and/or who were previously incarcerated? Are you looking for a job that is eligible for exciting benefits, including health insurance, tuition reimbursement and over five weeks of paid time off?
If you responded yes, we are looking for YOU!
Apply for the full time Targeted Case Manager role in Philadelphia! As a Targeted Case Manager, you will:
- Coordinate with probation and parole to ensure participants are adhering to mandates and terms of probation.
- Visit prisons to support participants who are incarcerated and/or who are transitioning from the prison system.
- Presents status updates for mental health and criminal court.
- Collaborate with participants to create self-directed goals to assist them in their path to recovery and self-sufficiency.
- Support participants with educational, employment, and social related goals, benefit/medical resources, mental health and substance use services, budgeting skills and exploring housing options in accordance with their support plan.
- Attend socialization activities, such as attending community events, recovery learning centers, 12 step meetings, etc.
- Collaboratively document participant progress in the electronic health records system.
- Other duties as assigned to fulfill MHP's mission.
The Targeted Case Manager is a full time position, Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM (with the opportunity to create a flexible schedule with manager's approval), located at 4950 Parkside Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19131, with a starting salary of $19.00/hour. This is a hybrid work from home position, with required in-person participant visits and office days and occasional work from home options.
***This position is eligible for a $250 sign on bonus and a $750 retention bonus after completion of one year of service.***
- Generous Paid Time Off (Up to 44 paid days off per year!)
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- No Cost Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- No Cost Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan with Annual Discretionary Employer Contribution
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Federal Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Continuous Growth & MHP Sponsored Training Opportunities
***Effective October, 15, 2021, all new employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before beginning employment with MHP. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for those with qualifying medical or religious exemptions.***
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree with major course work in one of the following areas: sociology, social work, psychology, gerontology, anthropology, criminal justice, theology, nursing, counseling or education; or be a registered nurse whose duties will be limited to TCM responsibilities only.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a behavioral health work environment.
- Must have a BHTEN certification or be able to obtain one within one year of hire date.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- If applicable, must be able to qualify for and obtain a prison ID.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the local Mental Health System.
- Must possess basic computer skills to perform job duties including desktop computing, e-mail, timesheet management, electronic health records, internet research, etc. and the ability to learn software applications relevant to your position.
- Must have access to a car to use for work on a daily basis.
- Must have automobile insurance coverage at the state requirement levels and current state registration.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines and billable unit requirements, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Sit/stand at a desk with ergonomically appropriate equipment.
- 80% of a Targeted Case Manager's time is spent in community settings and/or outreach. Targeted Case Managers must be able to travel within the community that may not be accessible: walk, drive agency vehicles, and/or take public transportation depending on the needs of the program.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their essential job duties.
We strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. MHP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team! If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Mental Health Partnerships (MHP) seeks to empower individuals with mental health challenges to live full and satisfying lives, based on their specific needs and choices, all while remaining connected to their families, friendships and communities.
MHP offers over 40 services throughout the Greater Philadelphia region and beyond, including Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania, and select locations in the state of Delaware.