COME BUILD HOPE WITH US!
The Director of Human Resources is a Full Time role located in Philadelphia, PA. The successful candidate will work 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Full Time staff are eligible for all of our exciting benefits, including health insurance and over five weeks of paid time off!
We strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. MHP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team! If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Oversees the implementation of Human Resources programs including but not limited to, compensation, benefits and leave, performance management, disputes and investigations, talent management, productivity, recognition and morale, occupational health/safety and training and development.
- Oversees and manages the work of HR staff.
- Leads the compensation management/salary structure process.
- Leads negotiations of benefits packages and EPL/D&O insurance.
- Develops organization strategies by identifying and researching HR issues; contributing information, analysis and recommendations to organization strategic thinking/direction; establishing HR objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Leads Employee Relations, Employee Engagement/Recognition processes to improve agency culture and morale.
- Develops and monitors departmental budget.
- Works closely with HR consultants, attorneys and trainers. In conjunction with the CFO, coordinates agency use of insurance brokers, insurance carriers, pension administrators and other outside sources.
- Leads the development of departmental goals and objectives and establishes departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the agency's strategic goals.
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Develops and administers programs, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the agency.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the HRIS system. Maintains knowledge of industry trends and best practices; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice and resources to upper management.
- Participates in executive and management meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Oversees the management and maintenance of the HR sections of the internet (recruiting, etc.), intranet and HRIS.
- Monitors and ensures the agency's compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices; develops, reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Reports any activities that may violate established laws, regulations, policies or procedures. Raises questions about any actions contrary to law or policy taken by another staff member or employee or self, and reports the matter to management or to the Director - Quality Improvement & Compliance and/or Human Resources.
- Other duties as assigned to fulfill MHP's mission.
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Master's degree in Human Resources or Business Administration OR SHRM-SCP.
- 5 years of senior-level Human Resources Management and supervisory experience required.
- Active affiliation with appropriate HR networks and organizations.
- Experience in Behavioral Health field preferred.
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, employee relations, safety and training and development.
- Must possess basic computer skills to perform job duties including desktop computing, e-mail, time sheet management, reporting, internet research, etc. using relevant software such as HRIS and Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Effective project and process management skills as demonstrated from past work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal and negotiation skills, organizational skills, and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with the ability to lead and develop Human Resources staff.
- Ability to serve as a successful participant on the Executive Team that provides agency leadership and direction.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
Mental Health Partnerships (MHP) seeks to empower individuals with mental health challenges to live full and satisfying lives, based on their specific needs and choices, all while remaining connected to their families, friendships and communities.
MHP offers over 40 services throughout the Greater Philadelphia region and beyond, including Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania, and select locations in the state of Delaware.