COME BUILD HOPE WITH US!
Are you looking for a fulfilling job that is autonomous, utilizes your passion for peer support and is eligible for exciting benefits, including health insurance, tuition reimbursement and over five weeks of paid time off?
If you responded yes, we are looking for YOU!
Apply for the full time Certified Peer Specialist role in Philadelphia! As a Certified Peer Specialist, you will:
- Collaborate with participants to create self-directed goals to assist them in their path to recovery.
- Support participants with educational, employment, and social related goals, benefit/medical resources, mental health and substance use services, budgeting skills and exploring housing options in accordance with their support plan.
- Attend socialization activities, such as attending amusement parks, festivals, recovery learning centers, 12 step meetings, etc.
- In collaboration with participants, create WRAP Plans and encourage the development of mental health advanced directives; facilitate peer support groups on participants' interests as needed.
- Collaboratively document participant progress in the electronic health records system.
- Other duties as assigned to fulfill MHP's mission.
The Certified Peer Specialist is a full time position, Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM (with the opportunity to create a flexible schedule with manager's approval), located at 1200 Veterans Highway, Bristol, PA 19007, with a starting salary of $16.00/hour. This is a hybrid work from home position, with required in-person participant visits and office days and occasional work from home options.
***This position is eligible for a $250 sign on bonus and a $750 retention bonus after completion of one year of service.***
***Effective October, 15, 2021, all new employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before beginning employment with MHP. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for those with qualifying medical or religious exemptions.***
- Generous Paid Time Off (Up to 44 paid days off per year!)
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- No Cost Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- No Cost Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan with Annual Discretionary Employer Contribution
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Federal Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Continuous Growth & MHP Sponsored Training Opportunities
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of a High School or GED Diploma; Associates Degree in a Human Services related field is preferred.
- Credentialed as a Certified Peer Specialist and eligible for certification through the PA Certification Board.
- Within the last three (3) years, maintained at least 12 months of successful full or part-time paid or voluntary work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the local Mental Health System.
- Must possess basic computer skills to perform job duties including desktop computing, e-mail, timesheet management, electronic health records, internet research, etc. and the ability to learn software applications relevant to your position.
- Strong skillsets in oral and written communication, cultural competence, interpersonal relationships and teamwork, attention to detail, customer service, time management, autonomy, problem solving and organization.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines and billable unit requirements, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Must possess a valid driver's license; MHP vehicles provided.
- Sit/stand at a desk with ergonomically appropriate equipment.
- 80% of a Certified Peer Specialist's time is spent in community settings and/or outreach. Certified Peer Specialists must be able to travel within the community that may not be accessible: walk, drive agency vehicles, and/or take public transportation depending on the needs of the program.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their essential job duties.
We strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. MHP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team! If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Mental Health Partnerships (MHP) seeks to empower individuals with mental health challenges to live full and satisfying lives, based on their specific needs and choices, all while remaining connected to their families, friendships and communities.
MHP offers over 40 services throughout the Greater Philadelphia region and beyond, including Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania, and select locations in the state of Delaware.