COME BUILD HOPE WITH US!
The Recovery Coach is a Full Time role located in Philadelphia, PA. The pay rate is $16.00 per hour. Full Time staff are eligible for all of our exciting benefits, including health insurance and over five weeks of paid time off!
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Works with participant to identify, develop, and access supports to increase his/her success in community integration and community inclusion.
- Supports and teaches recovery and recovery tools and models personal responsibility, self-advocacy, and hopefulness.
- In partnership with each participant assesses their hopes, strengths, accomplishments and challenges in order to achieve his/her stated goals
- In partnership with each participant develops the recovery plan and his/her support system in order to support him/her in becoming self-sufficient
- Supports participants in the self-management of critical or crisis situations.
- Assists the individual in preparation and recording of the peer support recovery plan, progress notes, and other documents that verify service delivery using person-first language, in a timely manner according to established quality and regulatory standards.
- Uses knowledge, skills and training from Certified Peer Specialist training to model, coach, support and advocate with participants.
- Supports and assists participants when necessary and ensures participants safety when participating in events, visits, and other interactions.
- Ensures that all participants' visits are documented in the electronic health record.
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of a High School or GED Diploma; Associates Degree in a Human Services related field is preferred.
- Credentialed as a Certified Peer Specialist.
- Minimum of three years of related work experience (including internships and volunteer work) in a behavioral health work environment.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must have access to a car to use for work on a daily basis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the local Mental Health System.
- Demonstrated ability to create, read and send e-mail through Google.
- Must be possess the drive and integrity to be able to work independently and problem solve.
- Must possess basic computer skills to perform job duties including desktop computing, email, time sheet management, electronic health records, using Microsoft Office Applications and other relevant software.
Mental Health Partnerships (MHP) seeks to empower individuals with mental health challenges to live full and satisfying lives, based on their specific needs and choices, all while remaining connected to their families, friendships and communities.
MHP offers over 40 services throughout the Greater Philadelphia region and beyond, including Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania, and select locations in the states of Delaware and New Jersey.