COME BUILD HOPE WITH US!
The Case Manager is a full time role located in Philadelphia, PA. The pay is $19.00 per hour at 37.5 hours per week. Full time staff are eligible for all of our exciting benefits, including health insurance and over five weeks of paid time off!
Bridges to Home is a groundbreaking program developed by Mental Health Partnerships to address issues of women who are incarcerated in Riverside Correctional Facility (RCF) who have emotional and psychological distress combined with substance misuse and homelessness gain access to resources. Bridges to Home brings peer support and case management services to women in RCF 60 to 90 days prior to their release date to facilitate the transition into stable housing, assist with applying for benefits and reinforce skills to advocate for community based supports.
We strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. MHP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team! If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Collaborates with participant to identify, develop, and access resources and supports to increase their success in self-sufficiency, community integration and community inclusion.
- Collaborates with participants to assess their hopes, strengths, accomplishments and challenges in order to create goals; assists to identify supports and arrange services and resources to achieve goals.
- Supports, teaches and models recovery and recovery tools and models personal responsibility, self-advocacy, and hopefulness.
- Supports participants in the development of their self-directed recovery plans, the self-management of critical or crises, and coordinating and/or choosing relevant supports; facilitates the participant's self-review of their progress upon each encounter.
- Provides crisis intervention and de-escalation to participants as necessary.
- Obtains necessary information during the intake process, and collaboratively documents participant progress in MHP's electronic health records system at time of service, Credible; ensures that all data is correct by verifying the information with the participant.
- Supports and assists participants in the community when necessary and ensures participants safety when participating in events, visits, and other interactions.
- Complies with all other established quality and regulatory standards, including supervision and training requirements.
- Applies general knowledge of Recovery services to complete small projects or conduct a series of tasks with a limited degree of supervision.
- Creates weekly schedule, two week in advance that meets existing program productivity standards and supervision.
FOR POSITIONS IN THE FORENSICS UNIT
- Coordinates with probation and parole to ensure participants are adhering to mandates and terms of probation.
- Presents status updates for mental health and criminal court.
- Visits prisons to support participants who are incarcerated and/or who are transitioning from the prison system.
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree with major course work in one of the following areas: sociology, social work, psychology, gerontology, anthropology, criminal justice, theology, nursing, counseling or education; or be a registered nurse whose duties will be limited to TCM responsibilities only.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a behavioral health work environment.
- Must have a BHTEN certification or be able to obtain one within one year of hire date.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- If applicable, must be able to qualify for and obtain a prison ID.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the local Mental Health System.
- Must possess basic computer skills to perform job duties including desktop computing, e-mail, time sheet management, electronic health records, internet research, etc. and the ability to learn software applications relevant to your position.
- Must have access to a car to use for work on a daily basis.
- Must have automobile insurance coverage at the state requirement levels and current state registration.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines and billable unit requirements, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
Mental Health Partnerships (MHP) seeks to empower individuals with mental health challenges to live full and satisfying lives, based on their specific needs and choices, all while remaining connected to their families, friendships and communities.
MHP offers over 40 services throughout the Greater Philadelphia region and beyond, including Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania, and select locations in the states of Delaware and New Jersey.