COME BUILD HOPE WITH US!
MHP hiring an Administrative Assistant who will provide support to MHP's mobile peer teams, PeerNet - Philadelphia, and PeerNet - Homeless Specialty. The Administrative Assistant will provide a wide array of administrative support, including logging entries into MHP's electronic health records system, Credible, assisting with the intake process, etc. The ideal candidate will be someone who is organized, professional, detail-orientated and has the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The position is located at 2709 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19132, Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, with a starting salary of $17.00/hour. As an MHP employee, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Generous Paid Time Off (Up to 44 paid days off per year!)
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- No Cost Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- No Cost Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan with Annual Discretionary Employer Contribution
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Federal Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Continuous Growth & MHP Sponsored Training Opportunities
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Ensures timely and accurate data entry and processing of specified EHR data, i.e. data entry, data analysis, reporting, auditing, scanning and attaching documents to EHR records, etc.
- Acts as the subject matter expert on the EHR system for assigned programs and assists staff in performing the assigned EHR functions; attends EHR training as required.
- Acts as liaison with the fiscal department for expenses, insurance and billing questions and issues.
- Receives all requests for release of information and ensures that proper releases have been signed. Releases information as appropriate and approved.
- Updates and reviews authorizations (e.g. EVS, etc.)
- Acts as the Learning Management System support staff for assigned programs.
- Prepares, composes, updates, monitors and edits internal and external correspondence, forms and reports.
- Plans, organizes and/or participates in meetings, conferences, seminars and other events to take minutes and/or receive information. Prioritizes and tracks time-sensitive events and assignments to ensure timely completion.
- Establishes, updates and maintains manual and automated filing systems to store and track records and confidential information ensuring accuracy and completeness. Handles all HIPAA notifications as needed.
- Assists and/or prepares graphic presentations including developing, copying and distributing.
- Ensures the maintenance and coordination of MHP vehicles.
- Provides reception coverage as required.
WHAT YOU'VE DONE & ENJOY DOING
- Minimum of a High School or GED Diploma; Associates Degree in a Human Services related field is preferred.
- 3 years of administrative experience (including internships and volunteer work).
- Experience in Behavioral health field a plus.
- Must possess basic computer skills to perform job duties including desktop computing, e-mail, time sheet management, electronic health records, internet research, etc. and the ability to learn software applications relevant to your position. Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize and produce reports on Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Strong skillsets in oral and written communication, interpersonal relationships and teamwork, attention to detail, customer service, time management, autonomy, problem solving and organization.
- Effective project and process management skills as demonstrated from past work experience.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
***Effective November 22, 2021, all new employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before beginning employment with MHP. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for those with qualifying medical or religious exemptions.***
- Sit at a desk with ergonomically appropriate equipment.
- Frequent talking and listening. Must be able to talk, listen, retain information and speak clearly and accurately; possible exposure to loud and/or vulgar language and hostile gestures.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance and be available for flexible work schedule, including evenings and/or overtime as needed.
- May be required to have the ability to enter and exit personal or agency vehicles and/or public transportation depending on the needs of your program.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their essential job duties.
We strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. MHP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team! If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Mental Health Partnerships (MHP) seeks to empower individuals with mental health challenges to live full and satisfying lives, based on their specific needs and choices, all while remaining connected to their families, friendships and communities.
MHP offers over 40 services throughout the Greater Philadelphia region and beyond, including Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania, and select locations in the state of Delaware.