COME BUILD HOPE WITH US!
The Accounts Payable Specialist is a Full Time role located in Philadelphia, PA. Full Time staff are eligible for all of our exciting benefits, including health insurance and over five weeks of paid time off!
The AP Specialist processes and manages Accounts Payables and ensures that bills are paid on time and are accurate.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Responds to all AP calls, faxes and emails within 24 hours
- Researches AP questions and responds to inquiries within 48 hours and follows up regularly until the issue is resolved.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments.
- Receives and verifies expense reports and requests for advances; prepares checks for advances and processes expense reports to be paid through payroll.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Assists Controller in the design of accounts payable or other system operational changes.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Backup for running checks for Rep Payee and Operating Accounts.
- Files paperwork properly.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of Associate's Degree or two plus years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of both.
- Must have strong customer service skills. Responsiveness to internal and external clients required.
- Display strong organizational skills and an ability to work in a high-productivity, fast-paced environment with regular and inflexible deadlines.
- Must possess numeric acumen and strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to organize and streamline tasks, complete work efficiently and follow-through on projects.
- Patience and tactfulness; ability to work cooperatively with a wide variety of individuals, including participants with mental health conditions.
- Must be able to create, read and send email through Google Mail, create word documents in Microsoft Word, use Google Calendar, and work within intranet/internet environment. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and accounting systems required. Knowledge of MIP is a plus.
Mental Health Partnerships (MHP) seeks to empower individuals with mental health challenges to live full and satisfying lives, based on their specific needs and choices, all while remaining connected to their families, friendships and communities.
MHP offers over 40 services throughout the Greater Philadelphia region and beyond, including Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania, and select locations in the states of Delaware and New Jersey.