COME BUILD HOPE WITH US!
The Representative Payee Specialist is a Part Time role located in Philadelphia, PA. Weekly travel to Montgomery County is required for this position. The successful candidate will work 25 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM. The pay rate is $16.25 per hour.
We strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. MHP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team! If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Establishes and maintains a weekly schedule of visits and/or telephone contacts with participants, and works closely with them and their recovery team to develop budgets; plans and manage assets to prevent interruption of benefits.
- Obtains necessary information during the intake process, and collaboratively documents participant progress and budgets in MHP's electronic health records system; ensures that all data is correct by verifying the information with the participant; maintains Release of Information forms as required.
- Works in partnership with each participant and their recovery team to assess participants' hopes, strengths, accomplishments and challenges in order to achieve their stated financial goals; responds to and documents all stakeholders' inquiries.
- Enters all applicable information, including budgeted recurring, bills and check request for payments in financial software; logs checks and prepares them for mail, delivery or pick up. Prints all accounts payable reports and maintain all participant files.
- Facilitates the participant's self-review of progress toward budgeting goals upon each encounter; facilitates money management seminars as needed.
- Creates and updates budgets as per funding regulations or as necessary, i.e. change of income, address, etc.
- Encourages financial responsibility with participant with use of debit card. Funds and monitor debit card use.
- Complies with all other established quality and regulatory standards, including supervision and training requirements; reviews participants' accounts with Social Security for re-determination of funding.
- Follows processes for void checks and participant close out.
- Proactively diffuses volatile situations using de-escalation skills. Promptly meets with participants who come to MHP office with or without scheduled appointment.
- Reports any activities that may violate established laws, regulations, policies or procedures. Raises questions about any actions contrary to law or policy taken by another staff member or employee or self, and reports the matter to management or to the Director – Quality Improvement & Compliance and/or Human Resources.
- Other duties as assigned to fulfill MHP's mission.
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of Associate's Degree required.
- 2 years' experience in budgeting; previous experience in accounts payable or accounting preferred.
- Experience with accounting software and electronic health records is a plus.
- Experience in behavioral health services or customer service is a plus.
- Credentialed as a Certified Peer Specialist through the PA Certification Board is a plus.
- Must be certified in Mental Health First Aid and CPR, or be willing to be certified within 1 year of hire.
- Must possess basic computer skills to perform job duties including desktop computing, e-mail, time sheet management, electronic health records, accounting software, internet research, etc. using relevant software.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Strong skillsets in oral and written communication, crisis management, de-escalation, cultural competence, interpersonal relationships and teamwork, attention to detail, customer service, time management, autonomy, problem solving and organization. Must be honesty and trustworthy.
- Patience, tact, ability to work cooperatively with a wide variety of individuals including people in addiction and/or mental health recovery.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Ability to add and subtract three digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's; ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
- Depending on assigned territory, must possess a valid driver's license.
Mental Health Partnerships (MHP) seeks to empower individuals with mental health challenges to live full and satisfying lives, based on their specific needs and choices, all while remaining connected to their families, friendships and communities.
MHP offers over 40 services throughout the Greater Philadelphia region and beyond, including Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania, and select locations in the state of Delaware.